Main: Members, Rules, Videos, Joining, Join, Rank, Vent, Milestones, Cards, Game, Comics, Maplestory, Adults-only, Live Text Chat (New!)

Forums: News, Member vids, Zakum, Guides, Feedback, Intros/byes, Maple, Art, Trades/events, Random, GW2, Latest
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Exclusive: peerliss Interview
Topic Started: Nov 14 2008, 06:23 PM (2,850 Views)
peerliss
Member Avatar
Horntail
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The link to this page is interview.peerliss.org

Exclusive: peerless Interview

Summary: Founder and former leader of a successful Maplestory guild (the first 100-man guild in Bera) agrees to a never-before interview.

First of all, peerliss, thank you for taking the time to interview with us.
A : My pleasure.

So tell us: how did you start getting involved with Maplestory?
A : Back in 2006, I made a new friend in school, Lyriele, who mentioned she played this game. I told her I would give the game a try, even though at that point, I had already stopped playing games for the most part. As we became better and better friends, I started playing it more over time.

Was Peerless your first guild that you were in on Maplestory?
A : No, actually. The first guild that I was in was called "ShadowStep." I got a random guild invite in Henesys when I was level 1x and I accepted it. I was expelled some time later for no reason. Of course, I hardly knew anything about guilds or what was going on then.

Why did you create Peerless?
A : I had always wanted my character, peerliss, to lead a guild that shares and represents his personality, style, and values. To me at the time, the character would not be complete without such a guild. And although I've had experiences creating successful guilds in other games in the past, I believe that each new game offers a new kind of guild that you can create, defined by the parameters of the particular game. For example, a PC first-person shooter guild would be very different than a 2D sidescroller MMO guild.

What makes Peerless different from other guilds?
A : We have the most rules, and the strictest ones to boot. Nah, just kidding. In my opinion in two years with the guild, it's the awesome people in the guild and the friendship opportunities that the guild offers. In addition, our genuinely positive guild culture stands in stark contrast to the prevalent mayhem of Maple.

Tell us about a difficult moment when leading the guild.
A : The day of the Orbis PQ patch back in March 2007 was the day that the guild member limit was increased from 30 members to 100 members. Although we became Bera's first 100-player guild (kudos to [M]aplestory for coming in second, about 45 minutes after us), this also meant a lot of chaos with 70 new members. At one point, there was so much spam in guild chat that over a dozen members left. That was difficult and stressful to manage.

Your signature shows that you retired from Maplestory as an 13x DK in October 2007. Could you tell us a bit more about that?
A : Basically, at that point, I had been the leader of the guild for a year already. Due to school and various circumstances, I made the personal decision to "retire" from Maplestory, which meant no more powerleveling and no more being leader of the guild. However, as many guildies may tell you, I may have retired from Maplestory, but I have not retired from the Peerless guild; in fact, I am still very much involved, although in more of a advising and supporting role... hence the name "Elder". And as you probably know, Cloud has been the leader of the guild since October 2007. Cloud has done a fantastic job as a leader. I'm really pleased that I picked him and that he accepted my leadership position.

Could you tell us about why you picked Cloud as your first choice for the next leader?
A : Even though Cloud and I had only known each other for less than half a year by then, we had already become really good friends, and we built a relationship of trust with each other. That said, in picking my top pick for leader, I was looking for someone who could take the guild in right direction from where I had taken it. I wanted to pick someone with leadership potential, who shared my personality and values. Cloud was a hardcore grinder and powerleveler. Cloud was godly in terms of damage. Cloud practically never dies at bosses (even without hyperbody, he dies less than me). Cloud had a strong personality. Cloud was decisive. Cloud had leadership experience with his own guild, KnightsRound. In many respects, Cloud and peerliss are strikingly similar characters. So I felt that if Cloud took over as leader, the guild would stay great and keep moving in the right direction. And it has.

Do you still play MMORPG's nowadays?
A : Not as much as I would like, now that I am working long hours most of the time. The MMORPG I am currently playing is Lunia. Sometimes, people ask why I don't go on Maplestory more often. In response, I tell them that over the past year, I've spent more time working on peerliss.org than I have been on any game :)

Why do you play Lunia instead of being on Maplestory more?
A : I am very much a perfectionist. I had my ideas about what Peerless could do in terms of guild events in Maplestory, but none of those ideas were possible because of flawed game design. And although Lunia is very different game than Maplestory, as far as guild events are concerned, it picks up where Maplestory leaves off. In Lunia, any number of guild members (2-16) can easily do dungeons (PvE) together or fight each other (PvP) in random teams. There's no planning involved. Maplestory, however, makes it very difficult to conduct guild events. You may notice that we have Zakum threads and GPQ threads on the website. In Lunia, everything is instant and these threads are unnecessary. In addition, Lunia has a fair drop system (drops are always randomly assigned to a certain player) and rewards good gameplay and good strategy (not just spamming a skill and a pot). In other words, in Lunia I could achieve things that were not even possible in Maplestory. And maybe when all our guildies hit level 200 in Maplestory, they may decide to start exploring some Lunia on the side. But really, one thing players should understand is that they don't need to stop playing Maplestory in order to try out Lunia. Maplestory is still better as a chatroom than Lunia, so there's definitely room for both. In my opinion, it would be very cool to have Peerless guild events on Lunia (or on other non-Maple venues).

Will you tell us a bit more about yourself?
A : I'm in my twenties and work full time now. I speak English, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Taiwanese. I can read English, Chinese, and some Japanese. I like being creative. I like writing, singing, drawing, learning new languages, arranging and composing music, and video game programming. My hero is Congressman Ron Paul (search him on Youtube and you'll know why). I'm an avid anime collector. My dream is to become a mangaka... which most likely won't happen since I'm so bad at drawing. I'm very impatient. I'm also very private, so I guess this interview is quite the exception... :P

Anyone you would like to give a shout-out to?
A : A shout-out to all the Juniors: Nel, Nana, Val, Kani, Marc, Cris, and Lyriele for doing such a fantastic job in keeping this guild in such good shape over the years. The guild certainly would not be where it is today without their dedication. Thanks, you guys! :D

Anything you want to say to Peerless members?
A : To me, Peerless is no longer just a Maplestory guild anymore. Peerless is about you. Peerless is about people playing a silly 2D game and meeting some lifelong friends along the way. Peerless is a group of friends from the most randomest places across the world who stay in touch wherever life leads them and no matter what games they are playing now. It's a really beautiful thing, in my opinion.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OblivionNite
Member Avatar
Mushmom
lol nice peer!
and im glad u told us this, btw most people in peerless are from california and canada xP :)

marc32091
Member Avatar
Skelesaurus
Tears up at last question. B)

It's nice to hear from you again Peer, glad you're doing great post-maple :D

Lol @ First Question

SakuRAWR
Member Avatar
Green Mushroom
[ *  *  * ]
Peer-sama wa sugoi desu! :]
That was a really awesome interview, Peer.
You weren't kidding about how we have the same hobbies. xD

But yea...
I enjoyed reading it. x]

HeaIsYouu
Member Avatar
Curse Eye
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
-Tears reading the last question- ;o
Peer<33 :]

ffcloudff7
Member Avatar
Horntail
u did a nice job comming up and answering the questions

and thank you

p.s. i still think your the guild leader

Fateful
Member Avatar
Zombie Mushmom
peeeeeer. Your IGN in the guild window finally changed from ??? to 136! :o
Anyway, like cloud, I'll still see you as leader, even if you're rarely logged-in.
Nice interview.

P.S. Who actually interviewed you anyway? x]

ThizzOrDie
Member Avatar
Axe Stump
[ *  *  * ]
Good to see u havent changed peer, as for others looks like i still dont get the well respect i deserve anymore. Oh well

xBonzaiTree
Member Avatar
Griffey
Peer, I personally love reading what you have to say,
It inspires me lol,
I'm not sure how but it just does and for that I thank you
<3

valcherion
Member Avatar
Dreamy Ghost
pffft shuda made me leader......

SaeNguyen
Member Avatar
Black Kentaurus
one word, three letters, has a lot of meaning to it....
I <3 Peerliss =D, you rock my socks homie g wizzo =D
1827398712983712893 Kudos to you xD

marc32091
Member Avatar
Skelesaurus
ffcloudff7
Nov 15 2008, 12:27 AM
p.s. i still think your the guild leader
*agrees 2,147,483,647 times*
Edited by marc32091, Nov 19 2008, 12:37 AM.

aeirow
Member Avatar
Evil Eye
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
If I may, who was this interview with?

Spikerman1
Member Avatar
Rexton
aeirow
Feb 4 2012, 11:12 AM
Late quote, but it's with the creator of this guild! ;)
And hi everyone!

KousetsuTaz
Member Avatar
The head troublemaker
Spikerman1
Jul 14 2012, 02:05 AM
aeirow
Feb 4 2012, 11:12 AM
Late quote, but it's with the creator of this guild! ;)
And hi everyone!
I think he meant who interviewed peer, Anton :P
wassup, add me on skype (tazfelis) I got a cool project going on :D

« Previous Topic · Introductions and Goodbyes · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme by Daniel of Outline.