Main: Members, Rules, Videos, Joining, Join, Rank, Vent, Milestones, Cards, Game, Comics, Maplestory, Adults-only, Live Text Chat (New!)

Forums: News, Member vids, Zakum, Guides, Feedback, Intros/byes, Maple, Art, Trades/events, Random, GW2, Latest
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
It's been a long time running...
Topic Started: Nov 27 2014, 05:17 AM (1,025 Views)
Project1337b
Member Avatar
A big nub in Combat Arms
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A lot of you probably won't know me. A lot of people who did know me probably don't remember me. But above all, a lot of people won't even load up this website. For those who are here, hello. Allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Randal. I was a member of Peerless before the 100 guild slot update. #Original30REPRESENT!!! #Forummembernumber4!!! I went by the name of Aragorn1235, and I was a Warrior who joined Peerless at level 14. I look back now, and I regret choosing that name. But hey, it was 2006 and I was 11 years old. Don't judge.

Peerless was a tightly knit guild which saw a decline around 2008-2009, if I recall correctly, after MapleStory began to get stale for a lot of the veteran members of the guild and stopped playing. However, the memories of the bonds we shared as a guild still remain for many, I'm sure.

Man, it seems like forever since I got booted from some guild and then a guy called 'Koolmage' (and a bunch of numbers) gave me an invite to Peerless at level 14. Can't still believe that was when I was 11 years old. I was pre-teen and the baby of the guild. I remember a lot of moments though. Like grinding LPQ with Marc, decorating a virtual Christmas tree during the 2006 Christmas event with Peerliss and Lyriele, and Peerliss.org for the short period of time when it wasn't a forum. Heck, even the bizarre moment when Lyriele said she wanted to make me a Jr. Master but couldn't, to which Peerliss promptly logs on and says:

Peerliss: your wish is my command
Peerliss has raised Aragorn1235's rank from [Hidden Content: Login/Register to View]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kaniela808
Member Avatar
Black Crow
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Aloha Randal,
I don't remember ever meeting you as I came into the guild in 2008, I was in other guilds before that as I started Maple back in 2005-2006 if I recall but I only played a few times I think I got more serious in maple by 2007. Great to see other members of the guild being successful in life. I hardly ever go on maple only more or play any games...as I was in my mid twenties when I started and now I'm in my 30's. Anyway, take care and I hope to join another game fun game that will build relationships with others.

Much aloha,
~Kani

marc32091
Member Avatar
Skelesaurus
damn Randal! that is an awesome shot of you bartending. good to see you again on here!

peerliss
Member Avatar
Horntail

Randal! Was deleting the spam on the forums when I came across your post, lol :D How's it going man? Tight pics by the way B) Sounds like you're doing good for youself, which is fantastic to hear :P

Especially these days, you don't need a degree to do fiction writing, since you self-publish on the Internet. And no, I haven't heard of a spirit made from hazelnuts, lmao. I really hope you can open your bar one day!

As for me, my interests pertain to singing and making video games primarily. (Not to mention working on websites for MMO guilds when I have time ;) ) I can fall asleep pretty easily at school/work, but I think you have me beat! No concrete staircase for me, haha.

But boy, your post really brings me back. Those early days of Peerless, lmao. Like when we killed Mushmom together. I think I can find a video of it. Do you still remember? :D

Posted Image

p.s. Dude, you even beat my forum number. I'm jealous :$

Project1337b
Member Avatar
A big nub in Combat Arms
Oh, you mean the video where I did nothing but: Miss Miss Miss Miss? Yeah, I remember that one. Oh god, that brings up some memories. And my beloved Fish Spear and Blue Bamboo hat in that screenshot. Oh geez...

How about the Christmas Tree decorating that wasn't just some meso bukkake? I still have the 'Peerless' letters in the inventory of one of my characters (Yes, I still jump on Maple every now and then these days.).

What sort of games have you been putting together? Anything noteworthy?

P.S. Yeeeeeees, remain jealous!

peerliss
Member Avatar
Horntail
Oh, that Christmas Tree? *Looks up forum post* Ah darn, the image is broken.

Ok fixed:
Spoiler: click to toggle

:P I've made some some simple action/puzzle games in the past but they're not nearly good enough for publishing. Hopefully I can publish one sometime in the near future! B)

Project1337b
Member Avatar
A big nub in Combat Arms
Ahaha, yeah that's the one.

Sitting in a similar situation. Written some stuff myself, but nothing that I feel is good enough to submit to a publisher, or are fanfictions written for my own amusement that will simply stay in my hard drive forever for no one to see.

peerliss
Member Avatar
Horntail
Aww haha... but at least your bar plan is going strong so far...? :D

Then you're in better shape than I am :o My singing is terribad compared to my games :X

Maybe one day with enough practice I could sing like Marc and Diana did on this site! B) The dream lives on... :$

Project1337b
Member Avatar
A big nub in Combat Arms
I suppose the bar plan is on a good track, but I'd need to get more experience as a bartender before I ever think about opening my own bar. I've only been working at the one establishment so far, and eventually I'm going to have to move somewhere else that's a bit better. This current one I'm working at is owned by some Chinese guys who cut a lot of corners in order to save money. So we have instances of using lemon instead of lime, or not having a vast array of spirits to make a lot of the popular cocktails. I can't even make a Dry Martini because they don't stock the place with dry vermouth for example. Then again, it's the sort of establishment where the people who come in just order mixers like whiskey and coke... But y'know... It'd be nice to work somewhere else a little nicer... Maybe I could go on a trip around the world, working in bar after bar and learn from the best... But I'm not so sure I'm charismatic enough for that.

Do you do much in the way of voice training or anything of the sort?

peerliss
Member Avatar
Horntail
Not consistently, though I was part of various choirs growing up. Hopefully I can make more time outside of work to practice more :P You can get Skype lessons online now, but it is a bit of a waste if you don't practice consistently....

Yeah, it must suck not to have basic ingredients at your disposal. Like being a painter with a limited palette of colors to choose from :( By the way, how much more experience do you really need? Maybe you can bartend more frequently than once a week to get there sooner B)

Project1337b
Member Avatar
A big nub in Combat Arms
Skype lessons are a thing? What?

I'm not too sure how much more experience I need. I just know I'm not ready to own my own establishment. I feel I really only know the basics. This place won't teach me anything advanced. Because after working there for about a year, I've reached the same level as the other bartenders who had been working there before me. And with most of them being international students trying to make some quick cash, it's obvious they haven't worked at other clubs or bars and hence haven't learned any more than I have. It's come to the point where the managers consider me one of their best and they're giving me more hours than the guy who's been working there for a year longer than I have.

I'm looking to get employment at a pub during calmer weekdays. I really should get to sending my resume around. I might keep my position at the club I work at because that's extra cash and after they finish renovations they're looking to give me a pay rise. If things don't pick up when the renovations are done, I'll probably look for another place to work during weekends.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Introductions and Goodbyes · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme by Daniel of Outline.